Monday, October 29, 2012

So you are going to Vote for Mitt Romney


Anyone who knows me knows I am a political junkie. Always have been always will be. My sixteen year old daughter and I watched Romney’s performance in all the republican debates. I don’t think we missed a one. Romney positioned himself so far to the right in those debates; Ronald Reagan looked like a liberal.  It is bad enough that Romney was a pro-choice Governor of Massachusetts who now believes Big Government should determine a woman’s choice.  It peeves me even more that when Romney ran for the US Senate he claimed to be more of a champion of gay rights then Ted Kennedy. Now he emphatically states that marriage is between one man and one woman, PERIOD! On health care reform, Governor Romney created Romneycare in Massachusetts; Romneycare is eerily similar to Obamacare. Now Romney would end Obamacare “on day one”. Gun control: Ha! I am a second amendment Liberal, and now I see a Pro Gun Control Governor Romney become a champion of gun owner’s rights.  This all upsets and concerns me. But the hardest thing to take is watching Romney change from the righty he was a few months ago during the republican primary, to the moderate even liberal Romney that has emerged right before the general election. I see it, my sixteen year old daughter sees it, do you see it?  Fox news and most of the mainstream media have reported little on Romney’s instant transformation from a righty to a Liberal/Moderate. That is just unfortunate as Americans need to know.

The other thing many of you don’t give a damn about is Romney’s tax returns. What is he hiding? When McCain was looking at Romney as his possible VP running mate he demanded Romney give him twelve years of tax returns. Romney DID hand McCain twelve years (What? We are not good enough?) of his tax returns and McCain picked Sarah Palin as his running mate. Why??


Romney’s own father who was a candidate for president himself once said the following; “One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show,”…


That’s right; in 1967 when George Romney was running for President he released his actual tax returns for the previous 12 years. George Romney said; “One year could be a fluke, perhaps done for show,” The elder Romney was correct. His son, the Republican nominee in 2012, prefers to show almost nothing. Mitt Romney has only released his tax returns for 2010 and an estimate for 2011. That’s not good enough.


I’ll end my rant… chances are if you are one of the “Anybody but Obama Crowd” you stopped reading long ago. All I can do at this point is pray that folks who are considering a vote for Romney will look at the facts. Look at Romney’s words and actions. Don’t listen to Fox news, look deeper, read the real facts and I am confident you will see, Mitt Romney is not the person to lead this great nation over the next four years, President Obama is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment